Saturday, May 2, 2009

'I knew I had lost my son' (UK)

'I knew I had lost my son' (UK)"There were no indications that Chris Haw was at risk from a heart problem until he collapsed and died, aged 25. Firefighter Stephen Haw had arranged to meet his son for lunch, but got to the store where Chris worked to find him collapsed on the floor. "I tried to resuscitate him, ventilated him and performed CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) on him until the arrival of the paramedics, but by then I knew I had lost my son, best friend and love of my life," Stephen said. A post-mortem examination revealed no reason for the previously healthy and sporty young man's death, but subsequent tests on his family revealed Stephen had a genetic heart condition and it was assumed this had also caused Chris's death" - BBC

No comments: